Saturday, October 20, 2007

Forty Years of Corrie



I don't think this has been posted before but this is the introduction to a special episode celebrating Coronation Street's 40th anniversary in 2000. A lot of the characters shown, like Vikram or Toyah have either moved on or, like Mike Baldwin, passed away. But I love the tableaux of all the characters and damn, don't Sally Webster look good there. The narrator is Susie Blake, our Bev Unwin.

The actual episode was performed and broadcast live to air. I wonder what they'll do for Corrie's 50th in 2010.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah Vikram! Dev's cousin, once Steve's best friend, and another young lad who faced the law and hard times as a result of hooking up with Leanne, I believe.

Fifty years of Corrie...wow!

missusmac

Jacqueline said...

I LOVED that shot of Haley and Roy!