Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Corrie Contest on CBC

The good folks over at the CBC have sent me the following info:

CBC NEWS: MORNING gets off to an exciting start this September, as Harry Forestell gets the scoop on CORONATION STREET, one of the world’s most popular soap operas. Catch cast interviews and a behind-the-scenes tour of the famous Rovers Return pub.


Beginning Monday, September 17, watch exclusive on-set interviews with leading cast members including Sir William Roache (Ken Barlow), Simon Gregson (Steve McDonald), Julie Hesmondhalgh (Hayley Cropper) and more. Interviews will be broadcast each morning during the week of September 17 at 7:38 a.m. and 9:38 a.m. ET on CBC Newsworld.


Viewers can then log on to www.cbc.ca/morning to answer questions about the televised interviews. Daily winners will be awarded special Corrie prize packs, and all entrants will be entered for the grand prize trip to the CORONATION STREET set in Manchester.

Interview times on CBC Newsworld (all are A.M.):

Monday to Friday, September 17 to 21, 2007


Newfoundland 9:08 and 11:08
Martimes 8:38 and 10:38
Quebec and Ontario 7:38 and 9:38
Manitoba 6:38 and 8:38
Saskatchewan and Alberta 5:38 and 7:38
British Columbia 4:38 and 6:38


PLEASE NOTE: The cast interviews are broadcast on CBC News: Morning on CBC Newsworld - not on CBC Television (the channel where Coronation Street airs).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah. One of the phantom CBC channels which even Americans living right on the border cannot get...

I tried to get Country Canada a few months ago (I heard a rumor Corrie Classics were being aired there).

The person at the dish company had NO CLUE, and just for good measure, if I got the dish, I would lose CBC itself.

Well, crap.

Michigander Fan

EPS said...

Can anyone from BC tell me the place on the dial for this? Thanks for the heads-up.

I'll try to look it up on the internet.

Anonymous said...

Anyone know how long each interview is? I'm thinking maybe 10 minutes or so, have to set the timer for 7:35 to 8 to be safe I guess.

Cheers!

S. Poole

Anonymous said...

im in vancouver bc and i watch it on channel 26...can anyone explain a part of the contest rules i dont get...if you won a daily prize pack can you or can you not be the grand prize winner? thx so much..

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE Coronation Street! I never miss an episode, and I can hardly wait to enter the contest! Flippin Heck!
H.

N.S.

Anonymous said...

Good day, I would like to say that the show is more real as life its self. I LOVE THE SHOW an I hope we win the contest because we love all the cast on show.Please say hello to all the crew on the set. Thank you for the chance too sent a little mess. to everone. LOVE TOO EVERONE ON SET AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!


thank you your truly a great FAN OF CORONATION STREET. Good Day.

Anonymous said...

I live in newfoundland, canada.my name is glenys swain. i live for your show every day,its part of my daily routine to watch (MY) show. I love the characters as they come and go always so intersting and well thought of scripts for them..I would be lost without this show to come home too...Thank you all for such wonderful intertainment...Glenys

Anonymous said...

Are the winners names going to be seen on the Website