Monday, May 07, 2007

Thunder Bay Potential Pingfest Update

Things go horribly wrong at the Thunder Bay Coronation street get together when Papa Smurf serves up some of his 'special' blue KoolAid.

Kidding.

I contacted the person who posted the ad in our paper and here is the response I received.

Thank you for answering the ad. I am a long time Corrie Fan, and have met some great people through our common interest. Last summer I attended a Corrie get together (called a Pingfest) in Nova Scotia. Folks got together at a local restaurant and had a bite to eat and a "pint" or a "cuppa" and played a few games like Corrie Pingo, a Corrie Quiz, 50/50 draw, etc. They also watched the Sunday feed of Coronation Street on CBC and discussed the storyline. Pingfests in Halifax are held about 4 times a year. They also have them in Ottawa and the Toronto area.

The Pingfest is generally held on a Sunday from about 11:30-2p.m. The restaurant had a few set items on the menu to choose from.

I would like to hold one in Thunder Bay and see how it goes over. So what I'm trying to do is get a sense of how many people are interested.

So by all means, if you are intersted and know others who might be, please get back to me with rough estimate of how many. I have not even thought about a date yet, the numbers will determine that.
Thanks for answering the ad. Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers, Marion


It all seems quite civilized thus far. It seems that Marion might have perused our blog at some point in time. (who else uses the term pingfest?) I will contact her again and see if there is anything getting organized soon. I appreciate all the concern that has been expressed for my health and well being. (MJ & MF - I mean you) Hugs all around.

7 comments:

MJ said...

Red light, Papasmurf!

An anagram of Marion is Maorin.
She's the leader of a Maori cult in New Zealand and she's trying to ingratiate herself to us with the use of our lingo such as "Pingfest."

Proceed with caution.

Anonymous said...

She probably saw pingfest on csvu.net


I have seen that word there...

Oh yes, please take back your Queen. She has worn out her welcome here...lol! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you, it's the Emmerdale fans, out for blood!

As Ahhhnold would say, Take Backup!

Michigander Fan

Jacqueline said...

'Pingfest' I think was oringated by Deborah and her group.

I initially called the Corrie Canuck pub nights 'Smack and Crack Corrie Tri-ad Party' - but it seem to be 'off putting'.

MJ said...

We held one where we didn't bathe in advance and called it a PONGfest.

Lisa said...

I know why you stopped calling it that Jacqueline- I was the only one that shopped up at the first gathering and we couldn't form a triad with two.

Jacqueline said...

and we were soooo close...just one chinese gangster away from glory.