Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Report from Manchester

First, thank you to John for looking after my posts whilst I'm away.

Now, I've just had a good talk with the lady at the Manchester Visitors Centre. She went off about how there are tons of people looking for good Corrie swag and there's none to be had, hasn't been since they closed down the tours. Granada has a choke hold on the trademark and refuses to do any of that kind of marketing.

"Do you know how much money I would have dropped here if you'd had any Corrie stuff?" I said. She nodded regretfully. Seems like Granada's willing missing the opportunity to make a mint. Maybe they are underestimating Corrie's resurgence in popularity, especially for Canucks, who can now watch over supper.

I'm off to get lost. Again. I suck at map reading. Train station, train station....

--Working

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The CBC Shop sells a red t-shirt with the Coronation Street logo on it. But it would be nice to have more variety, like a calendar or note cards.

The Big Seester said...

Or a bumper sticker that says, "Meet you at the Rovers Return."

Michigander Fan

Anonymous said...

I found a Corrie fridge magnet at "The Nutty Chocolatier" in the Beaches. Its a photo of the Rover's.

Mrs. Green

(London) Rob said...

I like that bumper sticker idea MF - I might just try and do one myself - I'll let you guys know if I do...

Deborah said...

The CBC is planning on coming out with a full line of Coronation Street items this year.

Carla- a few places had calendars this year-Port Hope, Ajax, Kitchener.