Monday, January 22, 2007

Pub Night - Not Quite Corrie


Okay, so it's not an official Corrie pub night, in the sense that I won't be bringing my Corrie stuff with me - but wanted to let you know about this. As so many Corrie Canucks are Scottish or of the Scottish persuasion, I've tried to gather us in past years for Robbie Burns day. This year it may happen. Myself and a few other Corrie Canucks will be celebrating Robbie Burns day this thursday Jan 25 at:

The Auld Spot Pub
347 Danforth Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4K 1N7

Tel: 416.406.4688

I'm not sure how crazy it gets in there on Rabbie Burns, but I'm going to aim to be there for 6.

I'm 99% sure they do a big kilt/haggis/pipe fest, but if not, just join the drunk Glacia in the corner screaming out, 'Donald, where's your trousers?!' to unsuspecting men.

Be there or be....not Scottish or summit.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

John and I will be celebrating on the 27th.

YAY for haggis and sexy men in kilts!

Jacqueline said...

Expected drunken phone call in the middle of the night on the 25th

Jacqueline said...

Expect, not expected.

Working From Home Today said...

Auld Spot was doing reservations only for New Years. D'ya want me to give 'em a shout for Thursday?

Grand Tuma said...

I went there for Robbie Burns day about 5 years ago. It was dead. I had the salmon. After realizing the night was a bust, I left and began walking west on the Danforth. When I hit Allen's, I was bombarded by a half-dozen drunken pipers and a very noisy crowd. Allen's is, I believe, where it will be busy. The Auld Spot might be quieter. But I guess it always pays to check.

Jacqueline said...

They've changed hands since then.

Anyway, Auld Spot has been good to us Corrie Canucks last year, so I'll be drinking there

Lisa said...

I'll be bringing along my book "How the Scots Invented the Modern World" for the educational portion of the evening. "Bobbing for Tackle" 'mongst the men in kilts is my social contribution.

Jacqueline said...

I'll bring my quotes of scottish wisdom, such as:

'Twa can keep a secret, if wan o them's deid.'

and 'It'll aa be dust a hundred years fae noo.'

The Big Seester said...

Jacqueline,

Is HE coming? Because if he is, well, I may have to make the drive...

MMMMMrrroooowwww.

Michigander Fan

Jacqueline said...

HIM? Oh, you mean Mr. Glacia.

The Big Seester said...

No, I mean the man with the big sword...

Nudge nudge wink wink.

Michigander Fan

Jacqueline said...

So do i.

The Big Seester said...

Lucky girl!