Thursday, January 04, 2007

More Scheduling Changes

Heads up: they're making room for the NHL All-Star game in a few weeks so the schedule is being shuffled a bit. The latest info is from the Inside the CBC blog:
Ordinarily, I don’t cover regular programming notes — I usually just leave them for the Cheap Plugs category. But Coronation Street is different. Everyone at the Ceeb learns all too well that the two things you don’t mess with on CBC Television is hockey and Coronation Street.
Well, we’re messing with it. But do not freak out — fan(atic)s will get their full complement of episodes.

On Monday, Jan. 22, we’ll telecast back-to-back episodes at 7 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. The series will be pre-empted on Tuesday, Jan. 23 for the NHL All-Star Skills Competition and on Wednesday, Jan. 24 for the NHL All-Star Game.

”Corrie” will be seen at its regularly scheduled time on Thursday, Jan. 25 at 7 p.m., and on Friday, Jan. 26, when back-to-back episodes air at 7 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

And remember, don’t shoot the messenger. :-)
Fortunately, we'll still get a full week of episodes.

10 comments:

The Big Seester said...

John,

Thanks for the info.

So the CBC has a blog, but cannot release DaVinci's Inquest on DVD.

Sigh.

Michigander Fan

Anonymous said...

But....but....but...

Jan. 23 is my birthday!
So not only do I NOT get to watch Corrie that night but it's being pre-empted by a frickin' 'Skills Competition'?

Dumb hockey.

No. I'm not bitter. Not I.

The Big Seester said...

Kowy,

Well, you COULD always tape the 1/22 doubleheader and NOT WATCH IT until the 23rd. Then it's like you are opening an extra b'day prezzie, from Weatherfield.

Want me to see if David Platt can send you a b'day card signed Richard Hillman?

Michigander Fan

Rob Swizzle said...

Michigander fan,
I hear your pain on DaVinci on DVD. I hassled of CBC people a few years back on that very subject, and was told Alliance Atlantis owns the rights and is just sitting on the show. Canada makes some good shows but its executives have no risk-taking genes and no imagination.

Good to hear the CBC are afraid of Corrie Fans. Maybe we should all swarm the CBC building en route to the next British Isles Show.

Jacqueline said...

Don't even get me started on 'This is Wonderland'.

The Big Seester said...

Jacqueline,

I LOVED Wonderland! Don't tell me you hated it?

Rob,

I was a HUGE DVI fan. What a great ensemble cast! I was not as pleased with DVCH, but was still disappointed they cancelled it.

You know, if they're supposedly so scared of us, why won't they bring us up to date (or at least closer to up to date) with the UK?

Michigander Fan

missusmac said...

I loved Wonderland too. Thought it was bright, observant of social issues, and funny. I was amazed they cancelled it.

DVC was really good, DVCH had a different mindset and went really off the rails. That show was too much about Da Vinci the politico.

MisterMac is now a demented devotee of Intelligence. Me, not so much.

The Big Seester said...

Missusmac,

I thought I was really going to like Intelligence when I saw the previews - good cast, including several DVI alums, and by the same guy, so it looked like it would be smart. (Though I was kind of weirded out by Max Headroom being on the show.)

Forces have conspired against it though. For one thing, it's on opposite House, which is one show I really like. Plus I have a class Tuesday nights, so I cannot even watch one and tape t'other.

And, quite frankly, something about it the few times I saw it just gave me a weirded out feeling. Nothing I could put my finger on, just...weird.

Anyhoo, it's one less show for me to obsess about.

Michigander Fan

missusmac said...

Michigander Fan, Intelligence is on Friday nights at 11, which is when Mistermac watches it. If you should want to give it another try.

I too was weirded out by Max Headroom, but am now weirded out by the appearnce of Jim Rockford's old sidekick, Stuart Margolian.

I am now so far behind on who did what, mistermac refuses to give me crib notes anymore. So I don't watch it.

missusmac said...

Oops, should clarify it's a repeat of the Tuesday show on Friday.