Thursday, December 28, 2006

Tribute to a Manchester Legend


Last night Mike made a reference to what he done with all his money - spent it on women and booze, and then squandered the rest. This is a a paraphrase of a famous quote by Manchester United and Northern Ireland great George Best, who passed away last year. When asked what he had done with all the money he had earned during his football career, he replied 'I spent a lot of my money on birds, booze and fast cars - the rest I just squandered.'

Obscure footballing reference for the day.

2 comments:

MJ said...

Ta Papasmurf. I loves my footie. The more obscure the better.

Anonymous said...

Oh Thursday's episodes are soooo sad...It brought tears to my eyes! My Dad had alzheimers...

Good night sweet prince Mike Baldwin...Johnny Briggs is such a great actor...