Thursday, November 09, 2006

British Isle Show

Book these dates, pets and when I get back from my trip I'll start organizing a British Isle Show / Corrie Canuck Pub fest:

March 2, 3, and 4 Friday through Saturday
Special guest, Jenny Mcapline a.k.a 'Fizz'

Apparantly, they've got some deal on with the Raddison hotel to get special rates for those from out of town going to the British Isle Show. Glacia also knows a fairly inexpensive clean hotel (Travelodge) that is very close to where the show is and in her hood.

So think about this, and coming to lovely Toronto (no comments, please Papasmurf) and if we can get a whole bunch of peeps together we can have a big Corrie Canuck pub night blow out.

I'm also thinking, if anyone's interested, that we might want to get Corrie Canuck t-shirts or hockey jerseys. (Just an idea...)

Note to Pamer, you're basically commanded to come to this. Sorry, but that's the price you have to pay for the fabulousness of being Pamer.

Note to Shatnerian and Kowy, you are also basically commanded, but there is a loop hole for you due to the travel hassle ... but still your fabulousness is great....just come.

Papasmurf, Rob(s), Michiganer(s)...you need to be here.

Toronto peeps...NO excuse

B.C., Alberta, Newfoundland, Manitoba and everywhere in between, free drinks if you make it.

New Zealand, I'll get you a date with Justin Trudeau if you make it. Trust me, you DON'T want to miss that.

15 comments:

Karen said...

Hmmm, free drinks for merely flying out east? Ooooh I'm tempted. Remind me to check westjet!

Maude_Lynn said...

Oh gosh, I'd definitely love to come! I'll have to see if I can get the time off work, but if so, I'm there!

I attended the British Isle Show two years ago, when Les was the special guest, and had a great time. But oh, how I love Fiz!

papasmurf said...

Ah the fresh smog and gangland slayings of the centre of the big stink - how could anyone resist?

Let me check on eBay for a kevlar vest first.

Jacqueline said...

Papasmurf, behave....

Besides, Mr. Glacia will provide all kevlar and private security for you safety.

Anonymous said...

I would love to see Fiz! Also, the Welsh dancing sounds very interesting (yes, I am that dorky). If I don't end up having to work that weekend, I'd love to come.

Plus, I am from Detroit. Neither smog nor whizzing bullets can deter me. It will keep me from being homesick.

Michigander Fan

MJ said...

Pamer is always in high demand. We command you, Pamer!

Stickybee said...

Sounds great, are Quebecers welcome also? Sophie might not like you offering a date with her husband Justin...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the help in finding a nearby cheap hotel. We Michigangers would appreciate it alot! I think there will be a LONG line to meet Fiz so be there early.
I just want some smarties and other choccies from my beloved England!
Michigan Corrie Lover Lady

(London) Rob said...

M-m-m-m...

Flake bars, Lucozade...and Marmite...

Jacqueline said...

The Radisson is lovely if you can get a reasonable price.

I can vouch that the Travelodge and King and Bathurst is clean, safe and a good price for Toronto. You might want to make reservations early.

http://www.worldexecutive.com/directory/canada/toronto/hotels/14040.html

Rob Swizzle said...

I've spent years teasing my friend Tim about his Doctor Who pub nights. When he finds out about this, I'm toast!

papasmurf said...

I think we should all stay at Chez Jacqueline - I hear it is quite nice and inexpensive.

Maude_Lynn said...

Doctor Who pub nights? Where? When?

Rob Swizzle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rob Swizzle said...

Maude Lynn,
My roommate just sent me the deets on a Doctor Who bash (it's a pub day, mind you):

WHO BASH 2006
THE TORCHWOOD HOUSE PARTY
Saturday, November 18, 2006, 1 - 6pm
Rowers Pub, 150 Harbord Street Toronto
$5 Donation (proceeds towards Toronto's next Doctor Who convention)