Friday, August 18, 2006

Waxing Nostalgic



Part of the charm (and sometimes a bit of a drawback) of Coronation Street is the ever changing cast of charcters. The longevity of the show gives you the chance to really get to 'know' some of those characters. Sadly, at some point these characters will move on or pass away. (except for Ken Barlow of course) My favourite Coronation Street cast member who is no longer on the show is Norman 'Curly' Watts, played by Kevin Kennedy. Curly and I go back a few decades and we sort of grew up together. There are rumours that he might be written back into the show someday, which would be great. Till then I shall wax nostalgic and raise a pint to the memory of Curly. Cheers!

7 comments:

John said...

I'd like to see Curly come back. I started getting into the show just before he moved to Newcastle with Emma. In general, I'm all for more adults, or at least adult-acting people, on the show.

Anonymous said...

I agree with John - Curly was always one of my favourite characters and I would love to see him return (without his wife).

Karen said...

I miss Curly, I hope they bring him back. Perhaps we could start a petition?

Ang said...

I totally agree. He was one of my favourites.

Anonymous said...

Always loved Norman, esp when he and Reg Holdsworth worked together. Remember Les Battersby battering Mr Watts?

Les (after head-butting Curly, breaking his specs) said something like "There's your CD. Curly Damaged!"

Our Toyah had been blasting music nonstop, poor Norman roared into the Battersby flat and threw the CD player out the window. I think it happened within a week of their arrival?

Deborah said...

Curly was great!! Hope they bring him back as he belongs on the Street. (without Emma!!)

Steve said...

Speaking of nostalgia, has anyone heard whether the DVDs with the best episodes of various years have been or will be made available in Canada? We've got the VHS tapes from a few years back, but there are more DVDs and probably more episodes per DVD.