Friday, July 14, 2006

Meanwhile, the Welsh Stud Comes to Town



Thanks to John for the update, I was otherwise occupied last night with my date with Mr. Tom Jones at the Hummingbird Centre.

I'm happy to report that I managed to sneak my way down to the front of the stage to get an even better glimpse of the Welsh Sex Bomb. It was amazing and I finally got close enough so that I knew I could successfully throw a pair of panties on stage.

Except the item I ended up throwing on stage was a baby seal plush toy. I screamed, 'Oh my god, wrong purse! That was meant for Morrissey!'

Or maybe I just stayed in my seat in the 24th row.



I wasn't going to take a picture because of the 'verboten' signs all around, but at some point people were down at the front having the security guards snap pictures of them with Tom Jones as a backdrop...so I figured all bets were off at that point.

But hell yeah...he's a god. He did flash us some skin at the end and I for one am AMAZED at the 6 pack a 66 year old man can have.

Jacqueline shudders and smiles.

10 comments:

Pamer said...

But, but...did he sing the Duck Dodgers Theme song???

The world wants to know..actually only I do.

Jacqueline said...

dear pamer...what the HELL is the duck dodgers theme song?

Love,Glacia

Pamer said...

Darling Jacqueline,

the best example I could find was from Youtube. It's the beginning of the cartoon. Tommy sings this along with The Flaming Lips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwNIABdqBxY&search=Duck%20Dodgers%20

Jacqueline said...

Herr Liebling Pamer,

Das ist Ja Kool.

missusmac said...

I have a little boys. I so know what the Duck Dodgers theme song is...

And I WILL see Tom before I die. Or he does...

Jacqueline said...

oh....and he didnt' sing it. Sorry.

missusmac said...

That's really ok! The theme song is not close to what I'd like to see Tom perform.

Now, What's New Pussycat? or It's Not Unusual, that's worth the price of admission. Did he sing those?

Jacqueline said...

Of course...all those AND my favorite, 'Help Yourself'.

His encore was 'Kiss'.

missusmac said...

Ohhh, I forgot he did Kiss. Wow. I must lie down. I feel faint.

Anonymous said...

tom jones did sing duck dodgers there is actually a 3 min version not yet released..........plus its in his Bio on his work