Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Living in the Big City - Part 235

Suspicious Package Closes Downtown Core
Jul, 19 2006 - 12:20 PM


A suspicious package shut down part of the downtown core this afternoon.
Dundas was closed between Yonge and Bay - after a package was found by a construction worker, infront of a building on the south side of Dundas.

The yellow package had a note attached that prompted police concern.

The bomb squad robot assessed the package, and determined it was not explosive. A police officer then opened the bag, and found a pair of pants inside.

Dundas was closed for almost 2 hours, and hundreds of spectators gathered to watch the police activity.



- AM 640 Toronto 24 Hour Newscentre

3 comments:

John said...

Shit, I knew I left those pants somewhere!

Jacqueline said...

oops...this was supposed to be for Norge Thingy. I posted to the wrong blog.

Ah well, it's still a cute story.

Pamer said...

can you imagine the poor guy watching all the bomb squad and police go over the package with a fine tooth comb and thinking...

"It's just my laundry, but i can't go tell them now, they'll think I'm a terrorist. Damn those were my favourite dungarees too"