Thursday, March 16, 2006

I'll see you a No Name Tourtière and Raise You....

A pic
(sorry - couldn't find a pic of my own.)

A song (very, very cute song if you click on.)

and

A recipe
1 1/2 lb ground pork
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp each pepper, thyme and savory
pinch ground cloves
1 bay leaf
3/4 water

in large skillet, brown pork. Add rest of the ingrediants and simmer for 15 minuts (or until water is mostly gone).

Dump this in a pie pastry, cover and seal the edges. Put in a few slashes and cook at 425 for 30 min or until brown.

But Jacqueline...didn't you proclaim yourself a haggis eater? Yes...but part Quebecois too. (And if you're worried about how many more ethnicities I'm going to pull out of my butt...no worries there's only the Dutch on my father's side left.)

6 comments:

kowy said...

Yum!
Tell you what...I'll come over and make you a haggis, and you can come over and make me a tourtiere.

:-)

MJ said...

Jacqueline: With all those ethnicities going for you, I'm picturing you cooking this up whilst wearing a kilt, wooden shoes, and a fleur de lis apron.

Jacqueline said...

Kowy - you're on. I'll throw in a Dutch butter cake to boot.

MJ - that's about it. (Notice how good I was about not pretending to be Norwegian?)

Deborah said...

I'll have to try your recipe, sounds good.
Jacqueline-did your haggis in a can arrive yet??

Jacqueline said...

No canned haggis yet...my buddy had troubles sending it through the mail. I did get some at the British Isle show which I will eat after lent.

GoBetty said...

At the Serbian wedding - THE BRIDE WAS DUTCH.