Thursday, February 09, 2006

Violet’s Pint-Pulling Prowess


Jenny Platt outside the Tally Ho pub in North Finchley

Jenny Platt
(our Violet Wilson) knows a thing or two about pulling pints – because she worked in Wetherspoon’s The Tally Ho pub in North Finchley, north London, for three months.

She told the Daily Mirror: “I worked at a Wetherspoon pub for a few months between acting jobs.

“I learned how to pull a brilliant pint and I really enjoyed it. I’m actually a pretty good barmaid and it was good fun – little did I know just how soon it would come in handy for my acting.

“When I first came on set as Violet, everyone was really surprised at how well I could pull a pint.

“But when I first started in the real pub I was a right mess – it’s a lot harder than it looks.

“I’m sure that customers at The Tally Ho will get a shock when they turn on the TV and see me behind the bar in the Rovers.”

1 comment:

Pamer said...

ah lovely Violet..she could pull my pint all night long...I mean pull pints for me