Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Soapstar Superstar

Actors from major UK soap dramas try to convince Cilla Black (not to be mistaken for our Cilla Brown… although she’s in it) that they have the singing talent for a record contract. The actors will perform pop hits on live TV this week to try to win a record contract and raise money for charity.

Coronation Street contestants and their songs on Soapstar Superstar include:

Andy Whyment, 24 (our Kirk Sutherland) - Bryan Adams' Heaven, Kinks' You Really Got Me.

Shobna Gulati, 39 (our Sunita Alahan) - Diana Ross' I'm Still Waiting, Judy Garland's Get Happy.

Wendi Peters, 37 (our Cilla Brown) - Judy Garland's Lady Is A Tramp, Blondie's Hanging On The Telephone.

Richard Fleeshman, 16 (our Craig Harris) - Daniel Bedingfield's I Can't Read You, Robbie Williams' Trippin'.

8 comments:

Jacqueline said...

weird...I was just listening to 'Lady is a Tramp' as I read this. (Although I always prefer the Ella version.)

Anonymous said...

Sunita is 39? Wow, I had her pegged at 32 or so.

Pamer said...

what's more amazing is that Sunita is older than Cilla WTF???

Jacqueline said...

I can believe Sunita is 39 - cause it's such a terribly young age. She looks damn good though.


But I'm with Pamer - I can't believe Cilla is as young as she is...

I call it good acting.

John said...

When I was Over There, I saw Wendi Peters on Celebrity Mastermind. She appears much nicer in real life.

Jacqueline said...

Yes, but how did she do? I'm always surprised at who's clever and who's not so clever in the celebrity set.

I watched some version of that here...Alan Thicke - smarty pants!! Who would have thunk?

Jacqueline said...

And welcome back to you and the missus

John said...

Oh yeah, she came in second place. So not bad. But on that show, you choose the category of expertise. I can't remember what hers was.