Friday, January 06, 2006

I have seen the future of Corrie













Or the present, depending where you live. I saw exactly two episodes Over There and no, I won't spoil anything except to say it will be a Very Baldwin Christmas this year. I saw another episode while seated in this pub (I was in the lounge bar where all the old men hang out). As the end credits rolled, some patrons sarcastically cried out "That's fooking brilliant, that is!"

Also one of the tabloids has nude paparazzi shots of Candice, if anyone's interested.

I tried to explain to some folks how Canadians are obsessed with Corrie but nobody believed me. And for a show that is a consistant ratings hit, nobody seems to admit watching it. So yeah, kind of like over here.

And I brought home nice n' strong Nambarrie tea to drink with the Hobnobs we got.

9 comments:

papasmurf said...

Hobnobs taste better in the UK for some unexplained reason.

John said...

Yeah, we packed our suitcases with British groceries, mainly stuff to have with tea.

Welcome aboard, by the way.

MJ said...

Welcome back, John! Let's see some pix of the trip, eh?

GoBetty said...

I'm a Typhoo girl, meself.

John said...

I almost brought home three brands of tea (Typhoo and Yorkshire would have been the other two) but decided after the Jammie Dodgers, the McVities Digestives and Hob Nobs, and Jelly Babies, the British tea and snack obsession had gone far enough.

Also, the Nambarrie tea had a funny advert and a free mug offer.

MJ said...

John: And Jammie Dodgers are what exactly?

John said...

Jammie Dodgers are two cookies held together by a jam filling. Kids like them but they go well with tea also.

Anonymous said...

I am sure there are similar stores in other parts of the country, but in the Halifax area we have a strong British treat selection at Pete's Frootique.

I take my sons in quite often and they are thrilled to chose one candy or treat on each visit.

Thanks for the link. They would be strong fans of the new Jammie Dodger campaign ad -- not to mention the cookie!

MJ said...

Anonymous: Pete's Frootique looks like a great British shopping experience right here in our own country. I linked to Pete's "Best of Britain" ... www.tooodleeedooo.com
in a Corrie Canuck posting from July 27 called "Have Baked Beans, Will Travel." I mentioned that they're a supplier of biscuits and crisps to the British expat community. If I'm ever out your way, I'm making a stop there. Thanks for the reminder.