Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Whither, Newton and Ridley? Also, plans for Christmas
















Via that other Corrie blog (spoilers, ho!), there's news that some British prime time shows will be able to use product placement as a means of revenue. This means that real world beers will appear in the Rover's along with, or perhaps replacing, Newton and Ridley's.

It's not necessarily a bad idea, if it doesn't become distracting like in some shows. Some important plot point is developing and all I can think is, "Gee, I want a Dr. Pepper right now..."

Now here's a confession: This whole time, I thought N & R's was a real beer. So I guess while I'm off to Britain in two days, I won't be sampling any (ah, but there is Younger's Pale Ale...).

Oh, did I mention that? Yeah, Christmas in Scotland. We will travel into the future to see what our Corrie characters are doing eight months from now.

We may even see the Corrie panto. I may even see discover what the hell a panto actually is.

Merry Christmas, all. See you in the new year.

12 comments:

MJ said...

Will you be posting travel photos to your blog? Or to Corrie Canuck? If you see the Corrie panto, make sure you get a photo of yourselves with the cast, particularly the Ugly Sisters. And are you going off the beaten path to the Pencil Museum? Merry Christmas, John and thanks for all the great contributions you've made to Corrie Canuck this year. Cheers!

John said...

I'm not sure how much blogging we'll be doing but I'll try to get in a post or two (both here and at my own site).

By seeing the Corrie panto, we mean on TV. The closest we'll get to Manchester will be on train from London to Carlisle.

Cheers to you, as well.

MJ said...

Oops. I forgot Corrie panto was on telly, not stage. Just like I forget Corrie's not real life. Is it?

Jacqueline said...

Have you seen 'The Tournament' on CBC? It's sponsored by Kia and Subway and is rife with product placement. Every conference happens at a subway and two of the guys work at Kia.

It's actually not too badly done. Not invasive and makes the show actually seem more realistic.

HAVE a great time in Scotland. Say 'Hi' to the motherland for me and eat some shortbread.

We'll look forward to your report when you get back.

BTW - you could always audioblog while you're there.

Pamer said...

Safe trip John and remember that at this xmas time "you can take our land, but you can never take our freedom!"

kowy said...

The Pencil Museum is very close to where we'll be so if John's VERY VERY lucky, we'll take a trip there.

I have my sister promising that she will let us watch the Corrie while we are there.

Pamer said...

wait...John and Kowy??? HUh what???

John and Kowy sittin in a tree
K I S S I N G...

Jacqueline said...

oh pamer...

wait until they find out about us...

John said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
John said...

Helps if my grammer works...

Yeah, she got me hooked on the show, and we've been happily shacked up ever since.

Pamer said...

Jacqueline!!! Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Anonymous said...

Jacqueline, I love The Tournament. I am a hockey mom of four, and I recognize every single person in the show...