Thursday, November 17, 2005

So long, Sonia













Oh, Sonia. How we'll miss ye. Your sense of humour, your ability to drink, your singing voice. Good luck in becoming a red coat at Butlin's, whatever the hell that is.

Does anyone remember a few years back, when the Harrises were new the Street, and Martin went to a barbeque. That's when Kay-eh first set her eyes on him but nothing yet had happened. At said BBQ, Sonia got quite flirty with Martin, who gently rebuffed her advances. A short while later, he was hooking up with a minor.

Can you all imagine how much happier we'd all be if he ended up going home with Sonia that night?

8 comments:

Pamer said...

To tell you the truth, I won't miss those teeth. She was good fun, but those chompers made it hard to look away, like a car crash or David Hasselhoff

Pamer said...

bye the bye...

here is the Butlin's site. It looks like a resort or kids camp. But, they all wear red outfits.

http://www.butlinsonline.co.uk/index.cfm?page=2375

John said...

God bless the British for not automatically strapping a steel rail across the slightest crooked set of teeth.

Yeah she was in the Big Book of British smiles alright.

John said...

Jeez, Butlins looks like some fresh hell, don't it?

Pamer said...

I thought it was a bit frightening as well, yes

Jacqueline said...

I always thought she was 2nd in line for 'unknown star trek crew memeber' right after that cabbie who's name I can never remember.

I was just waiting for the ax to fall.

They could have done more with her.

Anonymous said...

They could have done more with her, but I think Kelly's flamboyant arrival killed that off. She got overtaken.

kowy said...

Having spent my formative years in the UK, I'll let you in on a secret.

Butlins is a chain of sea-side resorts in England. They're the poor British persons version of Club Med - if you consider freezing your arse off on some muddy 'beach' in Wales as a tropical holiday.

Red Coats are their version of Club Med's GO (Gentil Organisateur).

I always wanted to go to Butlins when I was little. And I wanted to be a Red Coat.

Yes....it's a sad but true example of how odd Brits are.