Saturday, November 05, 2005

Oh Shandy

"Oh Shandy, well you came and you gave without taking, but I sent you away, oh Shandy well you kissed me and stopped me from shaking and I need you today, oh Shandy."

- Shawn "Barry Manilow" Tully singing graveside to his deceased dog Shandy

As I watched Friday's episode today (thanks PVR!) I was excited to see that the makers of The Street chose to employ one of my favourite Corrie camera angles - one that I'll call the grave cam. The grave cam is used at all graveside scenes. It's when the camera is actually down in the grave pointed up towards the mourners. The grave cam was last employed at Billy-the-fetuses' service... right before the family tossed earth on his tiny white coffin. Friday's coffin was also diminutive. Apparently Shawn (referred to in this episode as "Mincemeat" by Hot Lips Danny Baldwin), had a dog that resided with an old lover, and the dog, Shandy, died. Long live the grave cam!

1 comment:

John said...

Corrie needs more of our Sean. That is all.