Monday, October 10, 2005

Julia Haworth’s Wedding Fever



Julia Haworth (our Claire Peacock) is the latest Coronation Street gal to get wedding fever.

Julia, 25, TV wife of Ashley, is planning to tie the knot with fiance Jon Wormald, 26, next summer.

"Jon is nothing like Ashley Peacock and personally I would never find someone like Ashley attractive," Julia says.

"He's a bit wet and I couldn't put up with that. I like someone who is strong-minded and more decisive and who can tell me exactly what they're feeling - and Jon does that."

"He's much more of a man than Ashley. He's 6ft 3ins and I'm only 5ft 1 1/2ins, so I always feel protected. He's a real gentleman and takes care of me."

Accountant Jon proposed to her at the top of the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.



But the proposal almost didn't happen after Julia unintentionally put a spanner in the works several times.

Jon had originally intended to propose at the top of the Eiffel Tower - but Julia, unaware of his intentions, told him she it was too high and didn't think she could make it to the top.

"So he suggested we go up the Arc de Triomphe. We walked all the way along the Champs Elysees to get there and he was in such a hurry, he was practically running. I could barely keep up.

"By now it was late afternoon and we hadn't eaten since breakfast so I insisted we went for a meal first. We went to a cafe, but Jon bolted his food down and stood up to go before I'd even finished.

"Eventually we got there and climbed the hundreds of steps... Jon was tearing his hair out by then."

The couple decided to move in together just five months later and recently bought a flat in the fashionable Salford Quays area of Manchester.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"He's much more of a man than Ashley. He's 6ft 3ins"

Ummm Julia, it's not only Ashley who is height impaired but Stephen Arnold too. Reading that felt like a little slam towards him although i'm sure hoping that wasn't her intention.

- Jennifer

Jacqueline said...

Okay - perhaps I hate his voice, but he seems okay other than that.

Seems a bit trashing.

John said...

Man, who would have thought the actress behind sweet little and slightly peculiar Claire could be so catty?

Anonymous said...

Well, any interview I've ever read with her also has her insisting she is nothing like Claire.

Guess here's more proof of that...