Saturday, October 15, 2005

Chesney Meets the Queen


left to right: Liz Dawn (Vera), Sam Aston (Chesney), Wendi Peters (Cilla)

Corrie favourite Chesney met the Queen and she asked if his parents were as bad as Street mum Cilla.

Actor Sam Aston, 12, joined a host of celebrities at a gala evening to celebrate 50 years of ITV.

After meeting the Queen, Sam, who later presented her with a posy of flowers, said: "I just said, `Evening, your majesty', and she asked me if I was in Coronation Street and I said `yeah, I was'.

"She was told I played Chesney and she asked my mum and dad if they were better than Cilla.

"It was amazing. She's the Queen of England. I was like, `Oh my God'."

Liz Dawn, who plays Vera Duckworth, was one of the first to greet the Queen.

She said: "It was just so amazing. The Queen said she can't believe Coronation Street has been running for 45 years and asked when the anniversary for that was."

Source: Manchester Evening News

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wendi Peters looks awesome. I've been wondering what she looks like since Cilla is fairly hard on the eyes.
"Chesney" is so adorable!!!

- jennifer -