Friday, August 19, 2005

Coronation Street Rose

Samia Ghadie (our Maria Sutherland) and Alan Halsall (our Tyrone Dobbs) are unveiling a new rose today at the Southport Flower Show. The ‘Coronation Street Rose’ is a red floribunda created in honour of ITV’s 50th anniversary.

Orders can now be placed for delivery of the rose next spring.

To order a rose, priced £10 plus postage and packing, email info@southportflowershow.co.uk or write to Coronation Street Rose, Southport Flower Show, Victoria Park, Southport, PR8 2BZ.

Inquiring Corrie Canuck minds wonder if they recited Ken Barlow’s ode to Deirdre at the launch….

A rose by any other name but Deirdre is not a rose at all
A shoulder to cry on
And beneath, two arms to steer me
My safety net to catch me lest I fall
My north, my east, my south and west
My safety buoy, my life vest
I close my eyes and sniff her heady scent
For yes, a rose by any other name but Deirdre
Surely is not a rose at all.

No comments: