Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Question of the week!

So my hubby half watches Corrie, but frequently he yells out, ‘Why would anyone in their right mind live on this street?’



Good question, luv! People are drawn to Coronation Street it’s true, but I think we all have to admit that it takes a person of super human strength to REMAIN on Corrie.

Time and time again we’ve seen characters throw in the towel and go off to find happiness and serenity elsewhere – and that elsewhere is usually Canada.

So my question of the week is:
Why do so many Corrie characters end up in Canuckville?

I have a few ideas:

1) Our mental health care system is better.
2) They believe that the BNA act entitles every British citizen to 15 acres of prime Saskatchewan farm land
3) They want to be closer to Pamer
4) Tim Horton’s Coffee
5) The British pound / Canadian Tire money exchange is too fabulous to resist.
6) Because Red Rose is only sold in Canada. Pity.



Now let’s hear your’s!

Before the update - I just have to add, that Pamer was right the Rovers is the most expensive property, followed by the Snug. Good on ya!

Update for July 21st.

I donno, I think it was kind of a yawn fest yesterday.

Sunita realizes that her parents are insane and says that she has NO family.

There’s some big birthday for Candice and Fizz and this was the major part of the show. Candice seems interested in Jason again, however, Sarah gets really drunk and her and Jason end up kissing at the end.

Rosie’s first day of school and we see her outside of her home with the most darling school uniform and hat.

Norris and Rita end up at Rula’s house for a dinner party. There’s something weird going with Rula and husband. I’m worried and a bit scared. Please, I don’t think I can handle a geriatric swinging party.

Hmmm, I think that was it. Kind of yawn.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope our Sara or our Candice or our Maria chooses to come to Canada to be closer to me...i mean it's only logical!!

LOL...i was saying to myself that Rula and her hubby must be swingers OR ...

...they are part of a cult that is trying to recruit wealthy old fogies.

Pussy Galore sure has taken advantage of the BOTOX craze methinks...she has that freaky frozen faced smile all the time.

Anonymous said...

I hope our Sara or our Candice or our Maria chooses to come to Canada to be closer to me...i mean it's only logical!!

LOL...i was saying to myself that Rula and her hubby must be swingers OR ...

...they are part of a cult that is trying to recruit wealthy old fogies.

Pussy Galore sure has taken advantage of the BOTOX craze methinks...she has that freaky frozen faced smile all the time.

Pamer

Anonymous said...

whoops, sorry gang

Pamer
(nervous laugh)

skeezix said...

Okay, the Rovers is the most expensive property on the Corriepoly board, but which one is the cheapest? Is it, as someone suggested earlier, the Battersby home?

Anonymous said...

BTW what is "the snug"?? that Jacqueline spoke of?

For the cheapest, i would say that Les's place or "the Chippy" would suit.

I can't remember. What year was that game made?

Pamer

MJ said...

I think I know why so many Corrie characters move to Canada. The same reason everyone else wants to move here … the curling, the poutine, Don Cherry, and the opportunity to wear a toque. Oh yeah, and definitely the chance to be closer to Pamer.

skeezix said...

The main reason Corrie residents move to Canada: to get as far away as possible from Cilla and Les.

Anonymous said...

Man...MJ and Jacqueline took all the good ones. I was going to say Tim Horton's coffee, but...

How aboot Cougar Boots, Flannel Shirts (Canadian dinner jackets) and the chance to kill Mosquitos the size of Air Canada jets...oh and the term "giv'er" or "get'er done"?

Pamer

MJ said...

Who needs Guinness? Canada has Molson Canadian!