Monday, June 27, 2005

Our Todd: Happily Ever After

“There's not ‘grim’ in Grimshaw for nothing, you know." Eileen’s words really hit home this week. Todd’s world is torn apart as he finds Jason in bed with Sarah.

Is this the end of Todd on the Street? Let’s imagine a rosier future for him, shall we? Let’s have him run off to Canada with Karl.



This gets me thinking about Jacqueline’s ‘Question of the Week.’ Why do so many Corrie characters end up in Canuckville?

In Todd’s case it could be because same-sex marriage is legal in 8 of Canada's 10 provinces. And wouldn’t we love to see Todd happily married?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that's a cracking drawing! but who is supposed to be the girl in the foreground? Kinda looks like Candice but not really...

Pamer

Jacqueline said...

Anyone count how many times Sarah got slapped, pushed and poked at during the 'explosion'?

Nice of Jason to step in there and help her.

BTW - when Todd got on that bus, for some reason The Bronski Beat popped into my head. 'Run away, turn away, run away.....'

At the pride parade yesterday and have some pics on my site - no Todd though.

MJ said...

Sarah's makeup was still intact after her tumble with Jason.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad to see todd leave. Does this mean Sean will leave soon too? Please say no!

Sarah looked sad to see Todd go when they were standing outside her house just before he got on the bus.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to also say that the girl in the drawing almost looks like Sunita.

Johnnie

Anonymous said...

well MJ, they have waterproof makeup...and now they have snogproof makeup in the UK.

Pamer

MJ said...

One wonders at how they test the snogproof makeup. Is there a snogging lab? Are the testers salaried
employees or volunteers?

Jacqueline said...

I think Sean is staying around as,....say it with me MJ.....

'The only gay in the village'. (insert welsh accent)

MJ said...

Thank you Myffanwy. Perhaps Weatherfield could become twin cities with Llanddewi-Brefi.

Anonymous said...

I watched the Little Britian show last week. The only skits I liked were of that guy saying "I'm the only gay in the village" and that Veruca girl. I didn't understand the rest of them.

But I did enjoy seeing Giles... err I mean Anthony Head in his boxers as the prime minister.

Johnnie