Monday, June 13, 2005

Non-Corrie, But Important

Each year I participate in the 5K CIBC Run for the Cure to raise money for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. The funds raised are used to support breast cancer research, education and awareness.

Last year the event raised 21 million dollars, and with the support of a whole bunch of gorgeous people I was able to raise $1,500 of that.

Like many of you I hate the cancer – a lot – and really appreciate the opportunity I have to fight it and help save lives. I am looking forward to once again having that chance on October 2, 2005.

This run is very dear to me and this year I’m setting my goal even higher. I would like to raise $3,500 in donation. I know this is a high goal; but once again I’m starting early and asking everyone I’ve ever met if they are able to support me by donating whatever they can. Every little bit helps and I’m always amazed at how quickly the numbers add up.

If you would like to support me by an online donation, go to the Run for the Cure website. In the middle there is a section for donations and you can search Jacqueline Myers in Toronto. (BTW, international donors are more than welcomed and I love to reciprocate ;-))

If you would like to support me but don’t feel comfortable donating online, send me an email at glacia@gmail.com and I’ll give you my address or if you live near me, I can take a donation in person.

Thanks once again for letting me come to you asking for donations and thank you in advance for any help you can provide. Your support really does help towards a future without breast cancer.

(Oh, I always like to add this side note…On a personal the Run for the Cure was the very first 5K I had ever completed. Not only has it inspired me to join in the battle against breast cancer, it also got me involved in running. Since that first run I’ve completed many other runs including a 21k half marathon in Ottawa last year and this year I’m looking forward to running a full marathon in Dublin at the end of October, in addition to trying to get under 30 minutes for this year’s Run for the Cure.)

Many thanks,
Jacqueline

No comments: