Sunday, June 05, 2005

He's Here! He's Queer!



Todd is no longer the only gay in the village. Sean Tully (played by Antony Cotton) breezes onto the cobbles and lights up The Street. In one fell swoop, he puts Norris in his place, finds a place to kip, and offers skin care advice to Eileen and Deirdre.

Overcome with gratitude at Eileen’s offer to kip on her sofa for the night, he breaks into song… “It's like the finale of ‘Annie' isn't it? You know at the end when Daddy Warbucks takes her in and they all sing, ‘The Sun’ll Come Out Tomorrow!'”

Sean surveys the party atmosphere at the Rovers (and, no doubt, the inexplicable sight of Deirdre playing harmonica) and exclaims, “Is it like this here all the time? This is better than Big Brother! You should charge admission!”

Welcome to The Street Sean!!!

7 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous!!!

It's like Corrie's own Quetin Crisp.

reddirtroad said...

I myself am looking forward to seeing the Sean story play out. He's much more "interesting" than Karl, in my opinion.

MJ said...

I'd like to see Sean and Blanche in a verbal sparring match with Norris. Or Sean and Blanche is a verbal match with anyone for that matter. Or with each other!

Jacqueline said...

It would have been hilarious if Jack had walked in wearing the dress during Sean's 'Is it always like this here?' speech.

Anonymous said...

I am excited to see him on the show. I forgot he was coming. I screamed with delight when I saw him on my screen.

BevJ said...

Sean is a breath of fresh air.

John said...

I think Sean could be the stand-in for the audience, saying on screen the things we're thinking at home.